The gynaecology team at Tyneside Surgical Services focuses on a number of procedures to treat conditions concerned with female health.
As gynaecology is the branch of medicine concerned with female reproduction conditions and diseases, we treat conditions of the uterus, ovaries, and vagina.
Our gynaecology team focuses on the following procedures for women:
- Hysterectomy (either vaginal or abdominal) – The surgical removal of the uterus through incisions in either the vagina or the abdomen
- Hysteroscopy – A procedure using a telescopic camera to examine the inside of the uterus to investigate symptoms, as well as diagnose and treat conditions
- Endometrial biopsy – Taking a tissue sample from the lining of the uterus for diagnosis
- Laparoscopy – Used for both diagnostic and surgical procedures to treat a wide variety of conditions in the reproductive organs
- Laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Endometrial ablation
- Insertion/removal/change Mirena IUS
- Laparoscopic removal of ovarian cysts
Our consultants will use minimally invasive techniques when possible to reduce recovery time.